My professional supervision work
Clinical Supervision is the backbone of good clinical practice. Supervision is the time for reflection in a safe and confidential space where practitioners can address specific challenges, observe the complexities of their work from a new perspective while enhancing skills and confidence.
- Supports the delivery of quality service and best practice.
- Expression of the organisation’s commitment to duty of care and staff development.
- Ensures that the welfare of the service user is paramount, and staff are adequately supported to fulfil the service users' needs.
- Emphasises the importance of staff development on behalf of the organisation.
- Quality supervision can result in greater workplace motivation and commitment.
- Builds in accountability for the quality of the supervisee’s work at all levels.